Tampines Family Service Centre is a Voluntary Welfare Organisation, established in 1992 and supported by the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) and the National Council of Social Services (NCSS). We reach out to children, youth, women, couples and families through our casework and counselling, and information and referral services. We also provide services such as tuition for children from low-income families and family life education programmes such as marriage preparation workshops, and support group for stepfamilies.
We are having a Family Day on Sun, 24 Nov ’13 to promote family bonding among our low-income and disadvantaged families. We aim to do this through games and interactive activities that will have educational elements.
We are looking for volunteers to assist with the games for our Family Day.
Date: Sunday, 24 November ’13
Time: 7.30am to 2.30pm (for volunteers)
Venue: ChongZheng Primary School (Tampines)
Through the event, we hope to promote family bonding and enhance family relationships in low-income families through games and interactive activities that will have educational elements. We are specifically looking at teaching and imparting budgeting skills to the low -income families.
- Target group/size of families
- Low income and needy families
- 50 families (approx. 250 people)
Altogether we are looking for 35 volunteers to be either Game Masters or Family Ambassadors.
Please refer to the table below for more info on the roles of the volunteers.
||Roles & Responsibilities:
| (37 – 39 pax)
||1. Game Masters (12 – 14 pax)
- · Facilitating games
- · Clear in explaining the game instructions
- · Listen to the time signal to change station
- · Able to manage crowd
2. Family Ambassadors (25 pax)
- · ‘Rar-rar’ the families
- · Pro-active in encouraging families’ participation and bonding
among different families
- · Keep families together within their assigned group number/colour
- · Listen to instructions, e.g. moving on to next station only after
hearing the time signal
- · Keep score cards
- · Collect lunch packets for families
Pls contact Joely Chacko if you are interested
Tampines Family Service Centre – Methodist Welfare Services
Blk 470 Tampines St 44 #01-194, Singapore 520470