Posted by VolunteerSG Admin | Posted in Call for Volunteers | Posted on 15-02-2015
Fair Assistants will be scheduled for shifts according to their availability from 15 – 19 April 2015.
A briefing will be done on 14 April to familiarize fair assistants with the operations of Affordable Art Fair Singapore.
F1 Pit Building, 1 Republic Boulevard
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Front-of-house assistants
· Artwork Storage
· Features & Education Areas
· Small remuneration per shift
· A pair of complimentary tickets
· Staff meals
· Certificate of Appreciation
· Insurance coverage during the Fair
Please fill in the form, link below or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Posted by VolunteerSG Admin | Posted in Call for Volunteers | Posted on 23-01-2015
Trainings, T- shirts and meals will be provided for all our volunteers.
Register now at https://ohopenhouse.org/get-involved/#top and leave us your contact and we’ll get in touch with you!
Do visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ohopenhouse for more information,
and feel free to email@example.com for more details.
Posted by VolunteerSG Admin | Posted in Call for Volunteers | Posted on 20-01-2015
“Compassion In Community (CIC) is organising Project Spring Cleaning to help the underprivileged welcome the lunar new year with a fresh home on 14 & 15 February. As this happens to fall on Valentine’s Day, a day of love, what better way to spend it than by sharing some love with others?
We are cLEANING on you to be a blessing to our community!”
Posted by VolunteerSG Admin | Posted in General info | Posted on 15-12-2014
Ever fancied serving alongside our men in the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) ?
Every able-bodied man and woman between the ages of 18 and 45 who is exempt from national service, will be eligible to sign up for the military volunteer corps.
The SAF Volunteer corps will be set up by the middle of 2015 and it will target , first-generation permanent residents and new citizens. They will serve alongside regulars and national servicemen.
Volunteers will be able to serve Singapore in two tracks:
- Operations – guarding the Republic’s key installations like Jurong Island and crowd control during SAF-related events
- Specialist – applying their expertise in the legal, medical, psychological and maritime fields, among others.
Just like full-time national servicemen, volunteers will have to serve up to two weeks every year, for at least three years. They will also don the uniform and undergo a four-week course to familiarise themselves with operations and military culture.
Specific details about their training and whether they will receive an allowance are currently being worked out.
Acknowledging calls that new citizens and first-generation PRs fulfil National Service (NS) obligations, Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen noted that most people accept that it is difficult for those who came to Singapore late as working adults to serve.
He stressed that, “NS must be for a real and critical need to defend Singapore, neither tokenistic nor symbolic.”
Dr Ng added that it was because of this reason, that the Committee for Strengthening National Service (CSNS) had recommended establishing the SAF Volunteer Corps, to allow those without NS duties to contribute towards defending Singapore.
“Women, new citizens can join proposed volunteer military corps”, 23 May 2014, Today Online
“Volunteer arm of SAF to be set up next year”, 23 May 2014, ST Online
Posted by VolunteerSG Admin | Posted in Call for Volunteers | Posted on 15-12-2014
Loving Heart’s Sports, Tuition and Mentoring Programme (S.T.A.M.P) was launched on 13th February 2006 to target underprivileged children and youth within Jurong GRC in Primary & Secondary Schools.
S.T.R.I.V.E is a re-structure of S.T.A.M.P Programme which now spans 3 years for the same group of students. Likewise, it encompasses 3 components. However, STRIVE tuition is an Enhanced Learning Programme (ELP) formulated by Boys’ Town to develop learning skills of students.
The aim of S.T.A.M.P & S.T.R.I.V.E is to train and improve the students physically, academically and provide learning values and life skills through these 3 components.
We need and welcome more Mentors for these programmes.
- · Objective: Serves to impart moral values and teachings through fun activities conducted by trained mentor volunteers.
- · Training: Loving Heart has engaged professional trainers from Boys’ Town to conduct a 5-session training course on how to understand and communicate with youths effectively. The mentor training course is certified by WDA.
- · Volunteer Mentor Role: Engage students in activities while building rapport for support to build individual capacity
- · Requirements: - 18 years old and above
- Available on weekdays (Afternoon from 2pm onwards)
- Able to commit from Jan 2015 to Oct 2015
- · Location: Jurong
- · Frequency: Weekly for a minimum of 20 sessions
LOVING HEART MULTI-SERVICE CENTRE (JURONG)
316 Jurong East Street 32 #01-279 Singapore 600316
Tel: 6567 4166 | Fax: 6569 7957 | URL: www.lovingheartj.org