Museum Volunteers (MV) is recruiting English guides to guide on weekends and public holidays at the National Museum Singapore (NMS). If you have a thirst for continuous learning, enjoy meeting people and sharing your passion in the history, art and culture in Singapore, we want you!
If you are selected to be a guide at NMS, you will be required to commit to guiding 24 tours over 2 years. Tours include NMS History Gallery tours, Special exhibition tours, Community tours and any special requests. An amount of $150 will be collected from trainees to defray the cost of the training.
Please come and find out more about our upcoming recruitment during our information sharing session on 29 June 2019, 10:30 am to 11:30 am. Venue: National Museum Singapore, Basement 1 Gallery Theatre. 93 Stamford Road, Singapore 178897
The Recruitment Process:
- Attend the information session on 29 June 2019. Please register your attendance: https://forms.gle/tRjQGMmYPS61Rjty9
- Check the training schedule and confirm you can commit to the training and the guiding requirements. Training is every Sat from 7 Sept 2019 to 9 Nov 2019 and a final assessment in Nov/Dec 2019
- Submit your application here https://form.gov.sg/5ce79a3bdbdf5f0017e30084. Clarifications can be emailed to:email@example.com. Application closes on 05 July 2019
- Check your email to see if you have been shortlisted for an interview. The interviews will be held on 27 July 2019 and 03 August 2019. Tick at least 2 time slots.
- Visit NMS to take a photo of one of your favourite artefact. If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to bring this photo (on your phone/tablet or digital camera) and you would have to describe this artefact to us.
- Check your email to see if you have been selected to be a trainee
Training is conducted every Sat from 7 Sept 2019 to 9 Nov 2019 at NMS. A 5 minutes and 10 minutes tour paper, as well as a tour presentation, will be scheduled at certain milestones to prepare you for the 1 hour tour assessment in Nov/Dec 2019.