Temasek Foundation Cares-CareNights@Morning Star is a pilot programme launched in May 2016 . The programme accepts children aged 7-14 years, and runs Monday to Friday from 6pm to 10 pm.
It is aimed at supporting :
– parents engaged in shift work/skills upgrading or need to get a second job at night to make ends meet;
– single parents in great need of caregiving respite or who are attending night school
– families in transition, such as those undergoing divorce, attending to critically ill family members or similar crises
We are currently looking for dedicated volunteers who would like help out with transport of children from homes/student cares/schools to CareNights@Sengkang.
Location of centre: Blk 261B Sengkang East way, S’pore 542261
Minimum age: 21 years old
– Through public transport to enable kids to gain a sense of independence (Ez-link cards will be provided)
– Through private transportation
– Volunteers should be able to communicate effectively with children and have a good sense of responsibility. Interviews will be conducted
Those interested can contact Miss Jaanani at 6285 1377 or email email@example.com