Since 2014, we have been bringing National Day to the staff and residents of nursing homes and community hospitals across Singapore, setting up nostalgia-themed carnivals with food and games, as well as performances and broadcasts of the National Day parade.
This year, we are bringing the celebration to 10 hospitals.
In this year’s programme, ACE Seniors will be bringing the National Day Parade celebrations to the residents and staff of 10 nursing homes and hospitals. Join us as we bring nostalgia-themed carnivals filled with local food and classic games to each of the locations, accompanied by performances and broadcasts of the National Day parade!
*Dates: 4th Aug, 5th Aug, 6th Aug, 8th Aug, 9th Aug, 10th Aug, 11th Aug, 12th Aug, 13th Aug and 17th Aug
Time: 12 to 5pm (4 to 8pm for 9th Aug)
Note: Volunteers can choose more than one date
– Volunteers can either choose a single date, or volunteer for more than one date
– Please click the following link for the dates and locations for each beneficiary: http://tinyurl.com/
Volunteer job scope:
– Set up the venue (decorations, booths, seating)
– Man games and activities booth
– Befriend residents and assist in wheeling residents from place to place
– Encourage residents to participate in the games and activities during the carnival
– Create intergenerational bonding between young and old volunteers
– Foster greater understanding of the needs of our seniors
– Create an inclusive environment filled with joy, while celebrating our nation’s birthday month
– Be a source of inspiration for elderly residents to be proactive and positive about their existing conditions
– Interact and forge new friendships with fellow like-minded volunteers
– Lunch and refreshments provided
Signup link: www.tinyurl.com/ACESNDP2017
– Please indicate which dates you’ll be volunteering at in the Google Form
– We will reply within 3 working days to acknowledge your registration
For enquiries, please contact Wai San at email@example.com or call 6509 8680.