Me Too! Club is a new programme of MINDS planned to enhance the social integration of people with intellectual disabilities (PWIDs) through leisure activities and befriending activities. It is best suited for PWIDs who cannot participate in community-based services due to health reasons and/or other reasons or would prefer a less intensive programme. Me Too! Club offers age-appropriate activities that cater to the interests of persons with moderate to severe disabilities. Activities include weekly leisure/enrichment activities, monthly outings, and home visits for befriending the clients.
We are looking for adhoc and regular volunteers to support our programmes on the weekdays. This will be ongoing i.e. no deadline for sign-ups.
For adhoc volunteers:
– Join Me Too! Club weekday activities at least once a month. Each activity spans for 2-3 hours in the afternoons on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
– Plan and/or execute activities for adults with intellectual disabilities i.e. art and craft, sports, gardening, bowling, swimming, etc.
– Attend volunteer case reviews once every 3 months, to discuss about the progress of clients and how to better support them
For regular volunteers:
– Join weekday activities at least once a month (2-3 hours) on Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday.
– Plan &/or execute activities for adults with intellectual disabilities (clients)
– Prepare materials for activities &/or home visits together with other volunteers
– Conduct home visits to our clients at least 1x/week (may be conducted after working hours/on weekends)
– Fill & submit home visit log within 1 week of every home visit