Posted by VolunteerSG Admin | Posted in Call for Volunteers | Posted on 13-02-2016
Youth Corps Singapore’s signature initiative, Common Space for Common Good, will kick off with a mass volunteering event for youths to participate in based on their interests. During this one-day event, youths can engage in various community service activities islandwide to impact beneficiary groups such as the elderly, low-income families, special needs and the environment. Volunteers will participate in four hours of community service, then head back to The Red Box for a mini-carnival and installation to celebrate the spirit of volunteerism!
Below is the list of island-wide community service that volunteers will be participating in. While they may choose to volunteer based on their interested causes, they may not be able to choose the type of activity to volunteer for under each cause.
Appreciate the Pioneers
- Activities and lunch with the elderly
- Physiotherapy & enjoy hawker fare with elderly wheelchair users
- Activities at Home
- Shopping at NTUC and lunch with elderly
- Engage elderly in art and craft session and enjoy lunch together
Befriend the special needs
- Art and craft session with people with intellectual disabilities
- Touring the Heritage Garden and picnic at Singapore Botanical Gardens
Care for the Environment
- Coastal and park clean up
Delight the Family (Fully subscribed)
- Join underprivileged families to explore the Singapore Sports Hub
Registration is now open and will close at 2359hrs on 3 March 2016. Sign up at bit.ly/YCS4Good!
Please Note: This event organizer has assured that ‘The Privacy and Data Protection Agreement clause’ (in the online application form) concerning personal info being used for marketing purposes was referred to marketing the event, as opposed to commercial marketing.